We need a few people to help with our dirtiest, least glamorous, labor-intensive tasks – including:
- Working in teams to move large, heavy objects (e.g., picnic tables, stage components, straw bales, carpet rolls, safety cones, etc. Involves loading, unloading, & riding on a truck bed or flatbed trailer.
- Erecting 100s of yards of plastic fencing. Taking it all down Sunday night & Monday morning.
- Pounding and pulling many steel t-posts used to support fencing.
- Distributing piles of woodchips and straw bales – usually with the help of a tractor/truck/trailer.
- Spreading woodchips over large areas using wheelbarrows, rakes, and shovels.
This year our busiest days will be Tuesday the 12th; Wednesday the 13th -- AND Monday June 18th for post-fest takedown. (Our crew members rarely, if ever, work during the event itself.)
Applications will be considered on a priority basis – according to availability:
- Highest priority goes to those available to work all 3 of our busy days –Tue, Wed, and 2nd Mon (takedown & cleanup, until about 2 pm).
- Second priority to volunteers available after the music ends Sunday night (2-3 hrs) plus the next day, takedown Monday.
- Lowest priority to pre-fest days only – Mon to Thu.
The only tools you’ll need are gloves for your hands, a water bottle (water provided on site), wire cutters (diagonal pliers or snips) and a sharp knife (razor blade or other). Optional tools: rake and/or wheelbarrow/cart for wood chips, post pounder and/or post puller for steel t-posts.
Needed: Experienced Tractor Driver
Safely operate our Live Oak rental tractor to distribute large loads of woodchips to work crews & help spread them. All day Wednesday. Be on call for smaller tractor jobs until Thursday around 2 pm.
Needed: Tow Vehicle & Driver
To haul flatbed utility trailer (2 axle, 17 ft. long overall, 8’6″ wide) from Atascadero to Live Oak Camp on pre-fest Monday, and back to Atascadero the following Monday, a week later. The flatbed trailer belongs to Semmes & Co. in Atascadero and will be loaded with scaffolding for the follow-spot platform. A 2’5/16 inch ball will be provided for your tow vehicle's hitch receiver.